STIRLING COUNCIL TEMPORARY CHILDCARE FOR ESSENTIAL WORKERS
Please see the following communication from Stirling Council issued on 19th March 2020 regarding accessing provision for temporary childcare for essential workers.
Now that the Scottish Government has announced schools and nurseries will close, Stirling Council is working to create an offer of care for the children of parents and carers who are essential workers.
In line with national guidance, essential workers are considered to fall into three categories:
Health and care workers directly supporting COVID response and associated staff;
- Life threatening emergency services work
- Critical primary/community care provision
- Energy suppliers
- Childcare/learning for Category 1 staff.
- All other health and care workers/Public Sector workers – Emergency critical welfare services (e.g. Fire, Police, Prison, Social Work, Housing)
- Workers who are critical for national infrastructure (e.g. water, transportation, telecommunications, food production and distribution)
- Other essential services, people who keep the country running
Some schools and nurseries across Stirling have been identified as initial centres for childcare provision.
Provision will operate between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday and will be available for children from birth to 14 years.
Centres will operate in the locations listed below:
- St Ninians
Parents and carers who are essential workers and require childcare can request this by completing and submitting the form available via this link:
We will respond to forms submitted with an offer of childcare as soon as possible.
Please complete the form by no later than 10am on Saturday, 21 March, 2020.