A new survey, has been launched by the council on a range of budget savings proposal.
No decision have been taken on any of the savings proposals and the survey aims to find out from residents affected by savings what the impact would be on them and on the community.
Please help us to inform the budget process by completing the survey.
The full list of savings is on the survey itself, but they include:
- Close or reduce council-managed community centres.
- Stop the annual mowing of rural road verges, reduce grass cutting or increase space for pollinator spaces.
- Closure of some libraries.
- Reduction in budget for events and festivals.
- Removal of the ‘road-end’ waste collection policy.
- Stop the greenspace ranger service.
- Reduce spending on maintenance at buildings and facilities.
- Removal of the community grant scheme.
- Reduce free, confidential and impartial accredited money, debt and benefit advice to residents.
- Change the operating models (opening times and capacity) at some nurseries.
- Increase non statutory childcare fees.
- Reduce or stop the play, creche, play and out of school care service.
- Reduce teachers in the additional support needs outreach team.
- Removal of the P5 swimming programme.
- Reduce the primary school week for pupils.
- Close some or all public toilets.
For more information on the councils budget position, please visit stirling.gov.uk/bigconversation
Look out for updates on our social media using the hashtag #BigConversation2425