About Rural Stirling Housing Association
The Association is a not-for-profit organisation formed in 1990 by local people concerned at the lack of affordable homes within the area. We are a Registered Social Landlord (RSL) and a Scottish Charity (No. SC037849).
We serve the communities of rural Stirling - that part of the Stirling Council area extending to the north and west of the A9 – an area of around 750 square miles, around half of which falls within Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park.
We currently own 622 homes which are located in 18 communities throughout the area, stretching as far as Tyndrum and Killin in the north and to Strathblane in the
We have an active programme to build new homes. Our office is in Doune.
Our vision and reason for being
We will build and manage affordable homes and other services to help our communities grow and thrive. We will do this by working closely with our customers, communities and local stakeholders. Great service and value for money will be at our core and we will strive relentlessly to balance both.
The following values will shape how we do business:
- Excellence - We are committed to providing a quality, customer focused service that demonstrates value for money, delivered by professional and caring staff. We will publicise information on how we are performing, welcoming challenge and feedback to continuously improve the effectiveness and relevance of the service we provide.
- Accountability - Our Board as the governing body and our leadership team will provide strong strategic leadership and oversight, ensuring tenant and other service users interests are protected and at the forefront of all that we do. We will ensure that our actions are transparent.
- Partnership Working - We will work collaboratively with all sections of the local community. This includes working collectively and individually with our customers and with other housing associations, statutory, public and voluntary sector partners to improve the lives of our residents. We will be a proactive member of our local communities, seeking out new, innovative ways to address issues that impact our residents.
- Sustainability – We are here for the long-term so we care deeply about the design and life-long quality and cost of our homes and their impact on the physical and social environment. We believe that a healthy community is a socially inclusive one and through our landlord and other services we will meet local needs, provide ongoing support and help tackle rural disadvantage.
Business Plan 2018-19
We annually review our Business Plan, Delivery Plan and Key Risks:
How we are run
The Association is an independent body overseen by a volunteer Board of Management of up to 15 people. These currently include Association tenants, local community activists and people with professional expertise that all have an interest in and commitment to the work of the Association.
The Board takes strategic, policy and major
Board Members all have a commitment to the work of the Association and freely give up their own time. There are at least 8 full Board meetings each year. Copies of Minutes of Board meetings are available on request from the office.
The Board is elected by the members of the Association at the Annual General Meeting (AGM). Life Membership is open to all who support our objectives, in accordance with our Membership Policy, on payment of £1. We currently have around 250 members – the majority are tenants of the Association.
Being a member entitles you to:
- Take part in our AGM
- Elect members of the Board
- Stand for election
- Receive regular newsletters and other information about the work of the Association.
If you would like to join the Association please contact the office for a membership application form.
Involving our tenants
The Association seeks to involve its tenants and service users in important decisions affecting the services they receive. Through our Tenant Forum meetings and questionnaires and
Tenants are also encouraged to stand for election to the Board.
If you are interested in getting involved in