Venachar is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rural Stirling Housing (RSHA) and its registered office is c/o RSHA, Stirling Road, Doune FK16 6AA.
It is a non-charitable body (Company no. SC447415) that has been set up to deliver projects that meet
Our Letting Agent Registration no. is LARN1904083.
Venachar Ltd operates in accordance with an Independence Agreement with RSHA and its remit is:
- To provide management services to private owners in the local area
- Operation of the Rural Stirling Empty Homes Project including:
- Administration of loans to owners of empty property in accordance with the Scottish Government's Empty Homes Loan Fund, utilising the allocation of monies from the Scottish Government to RSHA and on-lent to Venachar.
- Entering into lease agreements with those owners to enable the property to be brought back into use as affordable housing.
- Management of other property owned, developed or acquired by RSHA as agreed with the parent
- Other activities as agreed with RSHA from time to time as part of the Business Plan.
Venachar supports RSHA in meeting local housing and community needs and is currently:
- Letting a small number of Mid-Market Rent (MMR) properties in Callander and Strathyre that have been leased from our parent, RSHA. These were shared ownership properties where the Association has
boughtback the owners share, without grant.
- Offering property management services to private owners in the local area, with one property in Doune currently in management.
A copy of the services offered to property owners can be viewed here.
A copy of Venachar’s Lettings Policy can be viewed here.
Venachar is overseen by a Board of three members:
- Donna Birrell (Chair)
- Kirsty Brown (Director)
- Margaret Vass (Director) (RSHA representative)
Venachar does not directly employ staff and has a Service Sharing Agreement with RSHA.
Client Money Protect
Who are Client Money Protect? Find out more by following the link - Website link
Venachar Ltd is a member of Client Money Protect (CMP) which is a Government-authorised membership scheme for lettings and property agents in the UK to protect the client money such as rents and deposits received by our members.
It is a legal requirement for letting agents to join a client money protection scheme for the benefit of their clients, typically landlords and tenants, to safeguard money they hold on their clients’ behalf. In the event that the owners of the business misappropriate any of this money, landlords and tenants can contact us and make a compensation claim against the agent. If a genuine claim is accepted, the we will recompense the landlord and/or tenant and seek recovery from the letting agent or its owners.